Thursday, April 17, 2014

RSVP

It took a couple of days, but I finally responded to the e-mail.  Naked-Minnesota invited me to one of their events.  This after I suggested they Google my name.

I almost backed out.  They wanted an RSVP via e-mail so they could prepare enough food for the event.  The cost is a pittance, the drive is significant, and the vulnerability is severe.

I'm not sure what I fear most, being the best or worst looking one there.  Should I arrive and I'm surrounded by bear-ish trolls I may not be able to leave without causing a fuss.  Should I arrive and I'm surrounded by hard-bodies, I'll then have to decide if I WANT to leave.

I just received a response to that RSVP.  I wrote back confirming my "newbie" status and asked how many the gent was expecting.  Another aspect in preparation.  Would I prefer a small group of four or five men I can talk to about anything and everything.  A group small enough to be heard in while still large enough to keep quiet and listen.

Perhaps I would prefer a large group of more than twenty.  This would allow me to adopt my typical wall flower modus and scope the scene without being seen.  I could watch and witness the proper way to interact with these men.  Every social group has it's own unwritten and unspoken rules they don't even realize they have adopted.

Church-goers tend to talk about the weather, their kids, or their immediate families.  Bar-flies tend to talk pop-culture. Gays are always making joking innuendos and flirting, even with men they have no interest in.  I wonder what nudist tend to talk about or do.  Will there be extra personal space between the men?  Will physical contact be rare - ya know, hand on the shoulder or small of the back to get attention before speaking. 

There's an admonition against gawking or staring in the literature I've read.  The practice of having a towel to sit on is another tip.  Since grooming is high on the list of priorities among nudists (apparently) the proscription of a towel is interesting.

I also wonder how many will wear flip-flop style showering sandals or some other footwear.  It seems to be common to wear shoes while "naked."  Will I be the odd man out if I don't and go bare-footed?  A shame that would be since my feet are not only a topic of conversation because they are so small for my height but I kinda think they're attractive.

Perhaps my only embarrassment will be that no-one found my feet worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment